Saturday 5 October 2013

Ta-Dah! Crocheted Baby Converse

I have been a rubbish blogger this week. A combination of being back at work and having a week full of stuff to do in the evenings means all the posts I planned have slipped away from my.

However, I have got a Ta-Dah! moment, as I have finished a couple of pairs of Baby Converse Trainers:

 
What do you think? I am rather chuffed!

 
Lo-Rise style in blue


And Hi-Rise style in red
 
The pattern for the blue pair came from the truly marvellous Loopy Sue on Ravelry and the pattern for the red pair came from Mollie Makes magazine, issue 31.
 
Weirdly, the Mollie Makes magazine arrived in the post the day after I'd finished the blue pair. Spooooooky!
 
They are fairly easy to make, I'd say fine for an ambitious beginner or an intermediate crochet-er. They are great for using up left over bits of wool. The Loopy Sue pattern gives details of exactly how much wool you'll need. I think her pattern is a bit harder to follow, but there's not much in it.
 
Top tip for the easily bored: Make one sole, then the other sole. Then do the next stage on each shoe, then the next. 'Cos, if you're like me, by the time you've finished one shoe completely you'll have found another pattern that you absolutely MUST start Right Now, and the other shoe will never get made.
 
Oh, and it makes for more even tension too.
 
So, what to do with them? Well, Carrot-Girl's feet are way too big, so I am going to try and sell them. I've listed them on my local Facebook Baby & Toddler Selling Page for £10.00 per pair.
 
 
 
What do you think? Too much? Too little? Aggghhh! I'll let you know if they sell

No comments:

Post a Comment